CALLING ON ALL CREATIVES IN THE WITS SCHOOL OF ARTS
DESIGN THE COVER IMAGE FOR A WITS UNIVERSITY PRESS BOOK AND WIN!
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS, ARTISTS, ILLUSTRATORS, VISIONARIES, BOOK LOVERS – THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!
PHOTOGRAPHY | ILLUSTRATION | TYPOGRAPHY | INSPIRATION SO GET YOUR ARTWORK PUBLISHED AND WIN R2500 CASH
Wits University Press, in association with the WSOA, is offering you the opportunity to create the front cover image for one of our forthcoming books,
The Colour of our Future: Race and Identity in South Africa. This exciting new book is edited by political commentator, Xolela Mangcu. Featuring 12 essays by leading thinkers and opinionmakers in the public sphere, it will be distributed both locally and internationally.
COMPETITION OPENS ON 31 JULY & CLOSES ON 17 SEPTEMBER 2014
• The final artwork must be 230 x 160mm and supplied as a high res TIFF (min 300 dpi)
• Send an email to [email protected] with your intention to submit an entry and receive a link to the
Dropbox folder where your final artwork must be uploaded and the table of contents for review
• Label the final TIFF with your name and surname + WUP cover comp, before uploading
• To get a sense of the look and feel of our cover designs, visit our website: www.witspress.co.za
• The winner will be contacted by 30 September 2014
Terms and conditions: The selection committee will comprise of the book’s editor, the Wits University Press publishing team, a designer and a member of staff from the WSOA and their decision is final. The work must be original and avoid using other artists’ work. By submitting the artwork in this competition, permission is granted to the publisher to use the winning artwork for the cover design and all related marketing material. The winning designer retains copyright of the artwork.
The winning designer will have their name featured on the imprint page of the book.
The publisher is under no obligation to use the winning cover artwork. Queries should be sent to [email protected] or call 011 717 8707.